Dubya's Personal Blog

Welcome to my personal thoughts and contemtat . . . , comptmepta . . . , contemplash . . . , well, you know, things I think about. I try to enter my ideas on a regular basis, but what with running the free world, and being there for my darling wife, I don't have much free time. Only about four or five hours a day. So, enjoy!

Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

This Supreme Court Confirmation is Confusing

I was jus' lookin' over the letter Arlen sent to Harriet over from the Senate. She shows me everythin' she gets in the way of documents, don't y'know. Doesn't keep a single thing from me. That's why I like her--always lookin' out for me and considerin' how somethin' might affect me. Anyway, he's got this rather bizarre question posted at the end of his laundrylist of inquirements:

"10. What assurances can you give the Senate and the American people that you will be independent, if confirmed, and not give President Bush any special deference on any matter involving him which might come before the court?"

Now what the heck is that all about? I already got my deference outa' the Vietnam War in the form of Guard duty, and that's long since passed. How's that gonna come up before the court? I really don't understand what he's goin' on for in this sorta vein. Plus, as President it's not like I can get drafted into Iraq anyhow, so what will I need with another deference?


Update: Okay, as it turns out, deference and deferment don't mean the same thing. How about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page